Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Just Jack


  • He can count to 10 in English and Spanish

  • He loves to wear hats and sunglasses. But mostly hats.

  • When we put him to bed, he will keep saying "I love you" as we walk out of the room. We respond with "I love you, too" and just keep repeating until we have walked far enough away that he can't hear us anymore.

  • He likes to repeat everything Ellie says, immediately after she says it.

  • He loves, loves, loves to color.

  • He also likes reading books, playing with Legos, throwing/kicking balls, and teasing his sister.

  • He stills calls cars and trucks "beep-beeps."

  • The threat of time-out can usually cut short a tantrum and bring out some serious sweetness. "O-tay, Mommy. I sorry. I love you."
  • *Had to add this cute little story from this morning: Jack walked up to Ellie and hit her with a ball he was holding. I told him "no hitting" so he turned to the wall and hit it in defiance. I then asked him if he needed to go to time-out. He turned to Ellie and said in his sweet, high-pitched voice, "I sorry, Ellie." Then he turned to the wall and said, "I sorry, wall." Both Ellie and the wall got his head-hugs, as well.

    4 comments:

    Jo-Dan said...

    I'm confused... Jack was born on the same day as my little guy who is currently, so they are 26 months...

    Texasholly said...

    Jordan - Good catch! I don't know what I was thinking. Clearly I am in denial about how old my child is. I think I meant to put 25, but even that math was off!

    Sabs said...

    i was confused last night too:) i suppose if jack is forever 15 months we can be forver 21:)

    Heather at Kitchen Concoctions said...

    I love this list! Jack is such a cutie! I bet you love that he wants to say "I love you" all night long!