We are currently in Destin, Florida. I have been planning and obsessing for this vacation for weeks now. I have a packing list that is three pages long. And I didn't just pin road trip ideas off Pinterest, I actually did them. Now that I know better, here is my advice: all kids need are some movies and electronics to keep them happy. All those laminated books and fun craft activities just take up space. Besides, the kid you really need to keep entertained, the 1 year old, well, nothing on Pinterest will work for him. Just pack Benadryl.
A couple days before we left, my car broke down and had to be towed from the school parking lot. The very car we were taking to Florida. Then my son, who is never sick, came down with an ear infection on Friday and was running a high fever. I started to wonder if this vacation was cursed. We bumped our departure date from Saturday to early Sunday and drove straight through to Florida.
Our condo is awesome. Even better than I imagined. However, I didn't imagine getting so sick the first day that I started vomiting on the beach and barely made it back to the condo without passing out. I spent the rest of the day in a feverish haze in my bed, every inch of my body hurting. I don't ever remember feeling so awful.
I feel better today and we have a dolphin cruise planned. I am crossing my fingers and hoping our bad luck is behind us!
1 comment:
I hope ALL of your bad luck is behind you and that it is smooth sailing from here on out!
Post a Comment