Saturday, April 13, 2024

Dear Ellie at 18

 Dear Ellie,

You are legally an adult! I can't believe I am old enough to have an adult child. Thankfully, you have taken it pretty easy on me throughout your teen years.  You will be graduating in the top 10% of your class in a little over the month and will be heading off to Texas A&M in the fall.  Your high school career has been seriously impressive and you have done it all on your own. You should be so proud of yourself. Not only are you graduating magna cum laude, but you also started multiple national honor societies at your school and participated in more clubs than anyone I know. All while balancing a very rigorous course load of AP classes. 

I hope you get involved at college, join the clubs, make good friends, and live in the present. Enjoy this time in your life. I am so excited for you to experience this next chapter. 

As my oldest, you got the brunt of my parenting fumbles. I hope that through it all, you always felt how much I love you. I am endlessly proud to be your mom. 

I love you forever, my beautiful, brilliant daughter. 

Mom

No comments: