Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Sickness, daycares, and life in the fast lane

Oh my gosh, it has been like four days since I have blogged last! Life seems to have slipped into fast forward. School is keeping me really busy. We had Open House last night. Out of my two reading classes, only 2 parents showed up. Telling, isn't it?

Ellie is still fighting the crud. I tell you, the kid is a mess. She has her little red spots again, a yeast infection, one pink eye, a hacking cough that wakes her up several times during the night, and congestion so bad that she is hoarse. I have yet another doctor's appointment scheduled for tomorrow right after school.

On my way home from school today, I stopped by the Mon.tessori daycare that is directly behind where I work. This is my second surprise visit there and both times I have been impressed. I registered Ellie to start on October 1st. Now I just need to break up with my current daycare. I feel incredibly guilty because I have become rather friendly with her two daycare providers there. But, really, the environment is not that great. It is more like controlled chaos. I would rather shell out more money and have peace of mind. I hope that the change of schools will go smoothly and Ellie will take to it rather quickly.

Before I go grade some more poorly written papers, I just want to share (in my opinion) a funny Ellie story. Yesterday, she had gotten a hold of the Vaseline and was smearing it all over her body. I took it away from her and she threw herself on the ground screaming "Mine, mine!" I tried to pick her up, but she shoved away from me and stormed across the room to where her little baby stroller was. She then picked up the stroller and threw it in a fit of rage. But...seeing the stroller laying on its side, wheels spinning, was too distracting for her. She promptly uprighted it, placed her baby in it, and strolled happily around the living room singing a wordless little tune. If only we could all get over our little tantrums that quickly.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

I love Montessori schools! I had to observe many while in school and thought very highly of them. I think that you will enjoy it sooo much!

Sabs said...

so funny! Sometimes I have to hold in my laugh when kolby throws a fit...i don't know why i think its so funny (well at least when we're not in public). I can't believe only 2 parents showed up! yikes!

Dianna said...

Got to do what is best for you daughter. But, I feel ya! I am the same way. Always feeling bad for everything. So cute of Ellie. Yeah, I always am dying inside when Kinleigh throws a fit. Daniel and I can't look at each other or we'll be rolling on the floor.

Tonya said...

Good luck with the new nursery :) If it is going to be better for the peace of mind I say go for it! That was a cute story.. its funny how fast they will get over their tantrums.. lol

betsy said...

hope she is over the cruds soon! and hope the new daycare works out!

courtney said...

Good luck with Ellie's new school. I'm sure she'll thrive, and hopefully it will give you peace of mind!

What a funny girl! Yes, I wish I could get over my little hissy fitst that quickly, too!