I'm having a serious case of blogger's block. I mean, I find Ellie absolutely fascinating, but it doesn't really translate well into blog format. Here are a few not-so-interesting tidbits from la casa de Ellie:
We have been putting the time-out chair to good use lately. It seems to work pretty well.
We have cut Ellie off from Elmo. When I was sick (read: dying) I pretty much let Ellie watch Elmo all day. But then she got a little too obsessed. Like the TV had to be on at all times or else she would start crying and whimpering "Elmo" while fumbling with the remote control. So, ever since Saturday, we have not let her watch any TV at all. Elmo is toddler crack and we are going cold turkey.
Ellie has started answering her own questions. Like tonight, for example, she was looking for Tom and she asked, "Where Daddy?" Before I could respond she nodded her head and said, "Daddy work." So cute.
I was letting her eat pretzels in the car today on the way home from the store. I heard her from the back seat saying very firmly, "No, Kolby, no. Bad." Um, Kolby was not in the back seat with her. In fact, she hadn't even seen Kolby in like a week.
7 comments:
Spongebob happens to be my toddler's drug of choice. However, I think he's cute and probably let her watch more than what's good for her. What- I can't help it if he makes ME laugh too!
sounds like things are going quite smoothly in the house of ellie!
hope she can break the elmo crack habit without too much effort.
thankfully, the only elmo TP has seen is on her diaper...and that is plenty for me!
time out chair eh? how long does she have to sit in it? does it work?
i'd always love to hear more about what she does @ her daycare @ the montessori school, what kinds of activities they do, etc.
Time out chair? We haven't tried that yet. Maybe we should. I'm still at a loss for how to punish her. She's allowed to watch 1 Elmo DVD every day, but I think if she watched it all day like that, we'd have to pull the plug, too. You may think that stuff isn't interesting to blog about (so do I--that's why I rarely blog anymore), but we like to hear it!
Wow kolby must be haunting her:) kolby says stuff like that too. Anytime we mention nursery he says "max, no hitting". whoa cold turkey huh? Then need an elmo patch:)sorry about today, I've got a huge headache, i think my eyes are popping out of my head.
lol @ the things kids say!! Good to go cold turkey than her NEED to have it on all day long.. geez elmo all day long would drive anyone nuts.. that is probably just as bad as barney!
Randie very rarely ever watches any television.. If it is not her busy social life with all her playgroups its haveing everyone or anyone read to her.. lol
Nothing has happened since Tuesday?
Well if bloggers block means more cute stories then i hope it stays. For us the crack is in the form of In The Night Garden yet - when it hits the US please avoid it as i think every child in the UK is addicted
Post a Comment