Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Weekend recap: July 4th edition

We had such a fun 4th of July weekend! On Saturday, we went canoeing with my dad and 4 of my siblings' families! We fit 11 adults and 10 kids into 6 canoes. Out of those 6 canoes, Tom, Ellie, and I are the only ones who managed to 1. tip over and 2. get marooned on top of a log and require rescuing. Still, it was a lot of fun meandering down the river and stopping at the beaches to play. After we finished canoeing, we went back to my parents' house to grill out and swim in the pool. I didn't bring my camera so all I have is this one picture of Tom, Ellie, and I when we stopped for a break on the canoe trip.
Whew, what a rough looking group!

On the 4th, we went to church and then over to my mother-in-laws for more grilling out.
Tom and Ellie enjoyed fishing from the dock. Um, notice Tom's fishing pole? Heehee. We were able to enjoy a good fireworks show and Tom and Ellie had fun lighting Roman Candles. When it comes to fireworks, I prefer to enjoy from a safe distance...like inside the house.

It was such a busy weekend and we haven't stopped! My little sister is visiting from North Carolina this week. Tonight we are going to Eclipse, tomorrow the circus, and Thursday all the ladies are going to see Wicked. Plus, in the midst of all this, Tom and I are trying to get our house ready to put on the market by August 1st. We bought this house when I was pregnant with Ellie and its 3 bedrooms and 2 baths seemed plenty big for our little family. But now that we have Jack and all 4 of us are home for the summer, we are feeling pretty cramped. We found a great community up the road that we want to build in, so keeping our fingers crossed that our house sells fast!

No comments: