Thursday, May 19, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mia!

What's this? Two posts in one day? That's because when I was getting my anniversary pictures (all TWO of them) off my phone, I saw that I had taken like a million pictures at Mia's birthday party this past weekend. And what a fun party it was! Mark and Rosie set up their backyard for a day of watery fun. After swimming and playing on the water side, the kids played a game of balloon toss on the sport court. Jack just played with the balloons. And then he went around with the wagon picking up balloon fragments. Such a good helper! After the balloon toss, the kids played kickball with wading pools as bases and a sprinkler and tarp as home base. No one was keeping score and kids were running every which way, but everyone was super excited about the game. Except for Jack who couldn't stay away from the bubble machine. He was pretty much just drinking the bubbles straight from the bowl and I was getting a little worried about future diapers.

We have been on a streak of birthday parties lately. I even had to turn down an invitation for one this Saturday because we will be in the Woodlands cheering on my Dad and brothers as they do the IronMan. I am looking forward to summer when the fun isn't just reserved for the weekends.

1 comment:

Hall Family said...

The cakes are cool and so is their huge back yard! A kids' dream land! Looks like a fun party even if Jack was drinking the bubbles ;)