Dear Ellie,
This letter is one day late. I have never been late on your birthday letters before, but your actual birthday was a busy day for us because we threw you a birthday party in our backyard. For months now you have been saying you wanted a "sea animal party" which I took to mean an Under the Sea party. We had a big blow up water slide, water balloons, and a sand pit that you could dig for treasures. It was a lot of fun, but also a lot of work considering we just added a baby to the family!
Speaking of babies, you love your new brother. You take great pride in the fact that you named him and you love to sit and hold him. It has been a little difficult for you to adjust to all the attention a new baby requires, but having your grandma here has been a big help.
I bought you two new chapter books as part of your birthday present and you had finished both before the day was out. You love to read and are an amazing reader. You can even read the difficult language of the scriptures without missing a beat. You are always on the alert for new words, whether it be in a book, on TV, or in daily conversation and not a day goes by that I don't have to define several words for you. Maybe I should have just bought you a dictionary! I love your curiosity, your desire to learn, and your love of reading.
The past few months have been difficult for me with the pregnancy and you really stepped up and helped me out. You entertained your brother, cooked him breakfast, and helped keep the house picked up. I don't know what I would have done without you. I am so thankful for you, my amazing little girl.
Ellie-belly, our lives are going to be a little crazy the next few months, but I hope you always know how loved you are. Happy birthday, sweet girl!
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment