Monday, April 15, 2013

Sam at 2 weeks

I took Sam in for his 2 week checkup last Thursday even though he wasn't quite 2 weeks old.  His stats are as follows:
Height - 22 in (99%)
Weight - 10 lb, 8 oz (96%)
FOC - 15 1/4 (99%)
My boy is big, but he looks so tiny to me!  I can't even imagine how tiny an average 7 pound baby would feel! 

As Sam starts being awake for more of the day, I am getting a feel for his personality.  He is definitely not the chill baby Jack was.  We have two baby bouncers, a swing, and a Fisher Price Rock n Play, but none of them will satisfy Sam.  He wants to be held at all times, preferably by me so he can use me as a human pacifier.  His cry is not the cute, tiny cry of a newborn, but a loud, shrill cry that can be heard throughout the house.  But as long as you aren't doing anything foolish, like changing his diaper, he is content. I frequently have to remind myself that this is my last baby and I need to treasure these moments because they are so fleeting.  I really do love this cuddlebug, no matter how much he shreds my n.ipples.

My mom leaves tomorrow morning and I am so sad to see her go.  I am pretty sure I won't be getting anything accomplished for awhile.

No comments: