I took Sam in to the pediatrician this morning for his 2 month check-up. Jack tagged along and I made sure to keep him distracted with Netflix on my phone. I remembered how Ellie freaked out when Jack got his shots at his 2 month appointment ("Babies don't like sharp pointy things!"). Jack barely even noticed Sam's screaming (and, believe me, there was a lot of screaming). Shots are the worst, aren't they? Anyway, here are the stats for my ginormous 2 month old:
Height: 24 in (9%)
Weight: 14 lb, 15.2 oz (96%)
FOC: 16 1/2 (99%)
So, you know, just a big kid all around. She asked if he was sleeping through the night and I was all, um, no, he is 2 months old and breastfeeding. What magic babies do you know? She then told me to go ahead and start letting him cry it out because he should be able to sleep 12 hours without feeding. I love our pediatrician, but there is no way I am going to let a 2 month old scream and scream to be fed. I just nodded and smiled and said I would probably wait til 6 months to give it a try. Although I am terribly tired, I don't feel as desperate for sleep as I have with previous babies. I think because I know that these early months go by quickly and eventually I will get more than 3-4 hours of sleep at a time.
Sam is really starting to chill out. He has a few hours in the evenings where he gets fussy, but most of the day he is content to sit in the swing or wherever I place him. It is nice to have my arms free, but he still gets lots of cuddling from me (especially since he is a little oinker and insists on nursing all the time)!
1 comment:
Hahaha! Oh my goodness! Our pediatrician asked me that when the kids were past 6 mo, "are they sleeping through the night?" me-- well no. Should they be? Their dr said it was my fault! I think he was grouchy! Hang in there! Usually it gets better!
Post a Comment