Dear Sam,
Today you are 2 months old and I have a confession to make. I completely forgot to write you a 1 month letter. I never forgot for Ellie or Jack, but I guess this is what happens when you are the 3rd child. You sometimes get forgotten. I was the 5th child and my parents once forgot me at church an hour away from their home. They left my brother (the 4th child) at a grocery store. I think once kids outnumber their parents, these things happen. Now where was I? Oh, right, your first month. Well, to be honest, you were not a happy camper your first month of life. That is probably why you didn't get a letter. Because I was having to hold you nonstop. It was like you didn't like being here very much. Something changed this month, though, where you suddenly decided to chill out. It has been awesome. You recently graced us with some smiles, but, like your brother Jack, you make us work for them. Speaking of Jack, you were smiling at him this morning and he was so excited about it. He always begs to hold you and I snapped this picture of the two of you early this morning:
I think you are pretty lucky to have Ellie and Jack as siblings because they both adore you. You have recently shown some interest in them, your eyes following them as they bounce around. You don't like to make contact, though, and avoid it at all costs. This has led to some interesting Google searches on my part, but a recent visit to the pediatrician reassured me not to worry til 4 months.
You are incredibly strong and have been since birth. If someone is trying to do something you don't like, you will fight and squirm and flip yourself about. Doctors and nurses have all commented on your strength. You still like to be cuddled and you like to grab my hair tightly in your little fist while I snuggle you.
You are an okay sleeper, waking up every three hours to nurse, but sometimes in the wee hours of the morning you don't want to be put back in your bassinet so I usually end up bringing you to bed with us. This makes your daddy very nervous, but at 3am I am willing to do whatever it takes to get a couple more hours of sleep.
Sam, you were our surprise baby, our little April Fools joke. I thought our family was complete, but now, when I hold you in my arms, I feel such an overwhelming feeling of love for you and I realize you were the final piece to the puzzle that completes our family. I am so glad you are mine and I want to keep you forever. And I promise to never forget you at a public place.
Love,
Mommy

1 comment:
I didn't know those stories about you getting forgotten in public places. Kind of funny! I don't remember my parents leaving any of us anywhere but it's entirely possible. My memory is already going!
Post a Comment