A lot of weekends I am a total hermit - staying in my pajamas until forced to get dressed for various obligations. This weekend I was all about being social, though. Friday night, Tom and I went to dinner and a movie with all my local siblings and their spouses (so, 8 of us). Actually, Tom bailed after dinner because he had to be up super early for a track meet on Saturday. I was the third wheel (I guess technically the 7th wheel) at the movies. It was still fun to hang out with my family without a bunch of small children running around screaming.
Since Tom had a track meet on Saturday, it was up to me to take Ellie and Jack to their practices. Luckily for me, Ellie's softball practice was cancelled, so I only had to corral Sam for 1 1/2 hours during Jack's t-ball practice. Baseball fields are no place for toddlers, what with the swinging bats and balls flying all over the place.
Saturday night was what I was most looking forward to. I had booked the Houston Escape Room for Dianna's birthday. Basically, 9 of us girls were locked in a room with a bunch of hidden clues and keys and we had an hour to find a way out of the room. It was crazy hard, but also crazy fun. We made it out in 65 minutes. It ended up being an awesome girls' night out until I backed into a friend's car at the very end of the evening. Ugh.
Sunday was church as usual and then in the afternoon we went over to Mark and Rosie's to have a family dinner for Dianna's birthday.
My aunts and uncles were in town visiting so we had quite the crowd. By the end of the day, I was so exhausted from my weekend that I went to bed at 7:30 (the kids went to bed at 7:00). It is already Tuesday and I still haven't recovered from those late nights and early mornings. I just can't hang like I used to.



No comments:
Post a Comment