Wednesday, November 09, 2016

In which Trump takes away video games

This past weekend was Jack's last soccer game.  All of the boys on the team played better and more aggressively than I had ever seen them.  Jack did awesome!  He score a goal and when he was goalie, he made some incredible saves.  It was a great end to the season.


Ellie had a tournament game Saturday and another one last night.  They lost both so soccer season is over for her, as well.  Even though her team did not do well, Ellie seemed to really enjoy the season.  The girls all got along and had fun together so I would call it a successful season.

Last night, in addition to it being Ellie's soccer game, it was also election night.  Tom and I let the kids watch some of the election coverage with us and they were surprisingly interested in it.  I tried to stay awake til the end, but I kept dozing off on the couch.  This morning, when I woke up and realized who our new president was, I felt a little down.  But then Jack came in and we had the following conversation which really made me laugh.

Jack: Mom, who won the election?
Me: Donald Trump
Jack (tearing up): Noooooo, not Trump! I don't want him to take away all of my video games!
Me: Who said he is going to take away your video games?
Jack: Ellie

I'm glad to see Ellie is still taking her role of big sister and head instigator seriously.

No comments: