Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Sunday Best: Not so best edition


I take a picture of my kids every Sunday and post it to social media (#sundaybest).  It is kind of a carry over from when I used to do it for this blog. Anyway, sometimes I think those pictures can be misleading as to what Sundays are usually like so I thought I would share the events of this past Sunday. 

I could not find Sam's shoes anywhere Sunday morning, so I decide to just put his dress socks on and call it good.  He always takes his shoes off anyway.  If you look at the picture, you will see his little shoeless feet.  You might also notice Jack holding a pair of scissors.  Those will come into play shortly.

So, I snap a few pictures and then load the kids into the car.  We get to church with plenty of time to spare and as we are walking in, Sam trips and smacks his head hard on the cement.  (Sidenote: last Sunday he fell at church and hit his head on the edge of a coffee table so he already had a bruise).  I go to pick him up when Jack starts yelling something about scissors.  Don't ask me how, but he had dropped the scissors while opening the church doors and the scissors got jammed underneath.  The door wasn't opening and the scissors were stuck fast.  A friend was outside at the time and dropped down to help get the scissors out while laughing at the circus that is my family.  The two of us are still unable to work the scissors free, but then another friend's husband walks up and yanks it free.

I finally make it into church and file into the pew when I look down and realize Sam has ripped a huge hole in his sock.So, sometimes (many times) we are not at our best on Sundays, despite what my hashtag says.

No comments: