I put in my notice at work this week. I have such a great job. I love being a Young Adult Librarian. I get to come up with fun programs every week. Like last week? Had a Harry Potter Movie Marathon. Today? We are watching Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and decorating our own jeans. Every other Friday, we play games like DDR and Guitar Hero II. Seriously, the library is such a fun place. Not to mention that I am surrounded by fabulous books! What more could a girl like me want?
But it has been really hard for me as well. Everyday, I see a parade of moms entering the library with their children and my heart literally aches. I see cute little toddlers and all I can think about is Ellie and how much I miss her while I am at work. I want to be the one taking my kid to the library. So, this past year I went back to school again and got my teaching certificate. I will be teaching Reading and English at a high school close to home this fall. I am so excited to not have to work on Saturdays or not get home til 10pm on my late nights. I love that my new job is only a 10 minute drive instead of a 40 minute one. I can't wait til next summer when Tom, Ellie, and I will all be home together. So, while I am really sad to be leaving all my library friends, I am really, really looking forward to this next adventure.
But it has been really hard for me as well. Everyday, I see a parade of moms entering the library with their children and my heart literally aches. I see cute little toddlers and all I can think about is Ellie and how much I miss her while I am at work. I want to be the one taking my kid to the library. So, this past year I went back to school again and got my teaching certificate. I will be teaching Reading and English at a high school close to home this fall. I am so excited to not have to work on Saturdays or not get home til 10pm on my late nights. I love that my new job is only a 10 minute drive instead of a 40 minute one. I can't wait til next summer when Tom, Ellie, and I will all be home together. So, while I am really sad to be leaving all my library friends, I am really, really looking forward to this next adventure.
7 comments:
congratulations! I know that is a really hard decision to make - but in the long run it is better for you and your family. Good luck!!
That is really great news Holly! I am so happy that you will get to spend your summers togethr:)
Congratulations! I'm glad that you will now get to spend your summers as a family!
That must have been a tough decision, but I bet you feel so much better! When you look back on her toddler days, you'll be so happy you did this! Congratulations! And you're such a great mom for making a sacrifice to spend more time with your kid.
Good luck to you in your new job! I'm sure there will be many aspects that you'll enjoy about it as much or more than the library. I've recently been thinking about my career and juggling it with mommyhood--it's so hard to balance both, but I think you're going to be in a great situation!
I will miss you! We have to keep in touch at least through ATR.
did you make those pants?
Post a Comment