Sunday, September 23, 2007

A very long day

We really wore Ellie out this weekend. She actually took a FOUR hour nap on Saturday! When she woke up, we were hurriedly trying to get ready to go watch my brothers and two friends run an 8 mile relay. While we were getting dressed, Ellie wandered around our bedroom pulling things from drawers and she came across a blue nightie of mine. I guess she loved the silky feel of it because she refused to let go of it and insisted on bringing it along for the ride.
It was fun watching the boys run and all the kids loved playing together on the grass. Afterwards, I snapped a pic of the guys. Here they are...the old cross country team together again. I should scan in one of the high school cross country pics to juxtapose with this pic of old men. :)
Afterwards, we all went to the Texas Roadhouse for dinner. Trying to get a table for 20 was a bit insane and the wait was horrendous. Ellie and Kolby passed the time by dancing to the music outside.
Once we were finally seated, it took even longer for the food to arrive. I finally just gave in and let Ellie eat a whole container of butter....with a little lemon on the side.
She was so exhausted by the time we left (3 hours past her bedtime), that she slept in until 8:30 this morning! A new record for her and a great gift for us! Much better than the normal 5:30am wake up call we get over the baby monitor.

4 comments:

Sabs said...

it was so fun to be able to hang out....even with the tired kiddos:)

betsy said...

now that is my kind of dinner..butter w/a little lemon? PERFECTION! =)

Thats so cute that she was snuggying w/your nightie!

Anonymous said...

I love the dancing picture. :) Those restaurants can be so exhausting and irritating...I'd rather just stay home, but when everyone gets together, I guess you just gotta go with the flow.

Dianna said...

looks like so much fun. i can't believe ellie wanted to eat the butter. so funny. her and kolby are so precious together.