Monday, January 07, 2008

A case of the Mondays

I spent another 3 hours at the Pediatrician's today. Ellie has been running high temps the past few days, but acting completely fine otherwise. They tested her for strep and the flu. Both came back negative. Her ears looked fine, so they did a urine sample and discovered she has a urinary tract infection. That's a new one for her, she usually just sticks to the basics like strep and ear infections. I have a monster cold, so spending my afternoon dealing with Ellie at the doctor's office made me even more cranky then usual. I did have to hide a smile, though, when Ellie pointed to the doctor and firmly told him, "No! Bad!"

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Poor Ellie:( Lani just recently was diagnosed with a UTI! She would grab her self and say "owie, pee pee"! I am glad that she was able to let me know since those can be a pain to diagnose. As you know! Hope you both feel better soon!

courtney said...

Oh no!! Poor Ellie...and you!! Sitting in the pediatrician's office all day is no fun!! Are they going to have to give Ellie a VCUG since she has a UTI? (It's a test to see if she has urinary reflux (where the urine backs up into her kidneys)). Just wondering--Korley has urinary reflux. Ugh!

Chastity said...

Ugg..UTIs are painful, at least mine always were. I went through a phase where I had them over and over...and then they just stopped. I hope hers passes very quickly and doesn't come back!!

Tonya said...

aww poor Ellie and mommy! I hope you are bothfeeling better real soon! I would have laughed at her message to the Dr as well.. too cute :)

Anonymous said...

Poor Ellie, i hope she is on the mend now