Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year and a little marathon talk

Happy New Year everyone! We had a few friends over and stayed up way too late playing Guitar Hero III. I was the party pooper who crashed first at 2:30am. Ellie shocked us all by sleeping in until 9:00! That is almost two whole hours past her previous sleep-in record. It was awesome, yet it made us late for the marathon. No, Tom and I weren't running the marathon (although Tom has run the Houston Marathon twice), but my two brothers were. And Rosie was doing a half-marathon. By the time Tom, Ellie, and I drove the hour drive to the marathon site, everyone had already crossed the finish line. Daniel took first place with a time of 2:47! Can you believe that? My baby brother won the marathon! And Mark took 9th with a 3:25. I was very proud of them both. And of Rosie, who totally rocked the half marathon. Since I didn't get to see anyone cross the finish line, it was basically like we drove an hour to take Ellie to the park.

And I didn't get any crossing-the-line pictures, but here are the two runners post-marathon. We can just pretend that my big sis there in the middle is Rosie. Congrats, y'all!
I still need to do a family reunion post. It was pretty fun. I took second in the pickleball championship. That's just as cool as running a marathon, right?

6 comments:

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

I didn't know you were in Houston? I'm a Memorial native. Looks like Ellie loved her drive to the park. And, congrats to the winner.

Unknown said...

Ellie's getting so big! I've had fun catching up. Funny about Elmo. Landon loves Elmo too! We even found pacifiers that have elmo on them. Could his (elmo's) voice be any more annoying? Maybe that's what attracks the kiddos. Just a warning, if you buy Elmo's Favorite Country Music DVD, you'll have those crazy songs stuck in your head all the time.

Alex J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alex J said...

Thanks jodie! I know what Ellie is getting for birthday number two...
http://www.amazon.com/Elmos-World-Wild-West/dp/B00005NGA3/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1199396714&sr=8-1

Sabs said...

Um in my eyes a pickleball tournament is way cooler than a marathon!:)

Tonya said...

That is fantastic.. Congrats to your brother for finishing first!! Wow that is pretty impressive. Great pics.. I love them :)