Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Oh, what a day

So...remember when I was dying? Well, I stopped dying, but I am still sick. I have like a never-ending cold and to top it off, I managed to lose my voice. Try teaching unruly high schoolers all day when you don't have a voice. I found that if I pitched my voice really low, I could manage. Of course, my students couldn't stop laughing at my new manly voice. To make matters worse, I was being evaluated by my certification program supervisor today. Within the first 15 minutes of the observation, I had the worst coughing fit. I'm talking tears streaming down, red faced, and gagging. I had to actually walk out of the classroom to catch my breath. Who do I run into in the hallway? My principal. He asked me if I was okay, but I couldn't respond, what with the coughing and gagging and all. Anyway, the coughing fit effectively eliminated what was left of my voice. Then, after my supervisor left, the principal came in for a 15 minute walk-through. So basically, I was observed twice on a day that I felt like crap and had no voice.

/whine

4 comments:

Chastity said...

Oh how I detest teacher observations. I think it's just evil. I stressed myself out so badly before each one.

Sheryl said...

That sucks. At least if they weren't totally wowed (although I'm sure they were!), they/you can chalk it up to your obvious ill health.

Dianna said...

what bad luck!!! i'm sure you still did great. sexy man voice huh?!?

Anth said...

Well, that sucks. I'm sure the observer and principal took your obvious illness into account. (Nasty trick to play, Holly's throat.)