Sunday, January 20, 2008
The time-out chair
A few of you were curious about the time out chair mentioned in my last post. It usually works like this. Ellie throws a screaming fit about not getting something she wants. I give Ellie the option of getting up off the floor or going to time out. Half the time, she ends up in time out. She then sits in the chair for 1 minute. Afterwards, I sit her on my lap and briefly explain why she was in time out. Then I give her some loves and send her off to play. I have to say, I think the chair thing works. I find myself needing to use it less and less. This weekend for example, she has only been in the chair once. Rock n Roll Elmo, on the other hand, has been excessively naughty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Holly, I love your blog! Thanks for the comment on mine! I love getting comments! No,Emily can NOT touch the floor from the potty. She can't even get on by herself. The photo was taken from and angle that is deceiving, that's all! We have a normal sized potty - I think! :)
Time out works for us sometimes...other times I feel like screaming, lol. We don't have a chair; she just sits in the corner for time out, that way we can do it anywhere we go, though she usually behaves when we're not at home.
Bad Elmo!!!
We just use a corner but only for the two year old. When Eilidh is naughty i tell her to go to the corner and she does giggling - im terrible at disipline
That is great that you found something that works.. poor elmo!! lol
did ellie put elmo in time out? kinleigh went poo poo in her panties today and so then all of her baby dolls were going poo poo in their pants. kids are hilarious.
Post a Comment