Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring Break Day 1: ROUS edition

Today is the first official day of Spring Break. I woke up early this morning and dropped Ellie off at school for 2 hours so I could go get my teeth cleaned and my car inspected. After getting all the annoying stuff taken care of, I picked Ellie up and we headed to the best park ever! We met up with my mom, Sabrina, Kolby, and Olivia. It was such a beautiful day for a picnic at the park. The kids had lots of fun playing on the activity sets and feeding the animals. What kind of animals you ask? Oh, just your standard geese, ducks, and ROUS's. Yes, they had a ton of nutria at this park and they looked so much like the rodent in Princess Bride! I had this crazy fear that one would leap onto Ellie and bite her shoulder. Sorry about the quality of some of the pictures, all I had was my cell phone camera. Luckily Sabrina took better pictures than I did and shared.

5 comments:

Alex J said...

Usually the nutria run away from people. I guess those at the park have been fed too much.

Stephanie said...

Nutria . . . Troy tells me they used to serve fried nutria to the crew when he would go offshore in the Gulf. Tasted like chicken???

Unknown said...

Looks cool...I'm going to have to try it out.

Hall Family said...

okay i have no clue what those things are...never seen them I don't think. I'd be worrying about their wild ways around my children too! haha It looks like you guys had a lot fun! :)

Hall Family said...

p.s. getting my teeth cleaned sounds good right now, even though I still have 3 months to go....hmm....