Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring Break Day 2: Houston Arboretum

First off, I cannot say "Arboretum" for the life of me. My friend Stephanie suggested we take our kiddos on a nature walk at the Houston Arbo...whatever. What a hidden treasure! Ellie and I arrived early and Ellie had so much fun in the little Discovery Room. Then, when Steph and the Tate-man arrived, we hit the trails.Good thing we had Ellie to guide us. Ellie kept wanting to rub Tate's soft little face. Luckily, he is such a laid back guy that he didn't seem to mind. I can't believe I have never been to the Arboretum before. They have miles of peaceful walking trails. Of course, Ellie was tired and cranky from waking up at 5:30 and didn't let us walk as far as we would have liked. We finished our little trip with a picnic and headed back home for some much needed naps!

Oh, my awesome sister in law emailed me her pics from yesterday so I updated my post. But she wrote a much cuter version of our adventure over on her own blog.

1 comment:

Sabs said...

my friend jennifer went here today too...now ireally want to go there. looks like fun! i can't believe you didn't even post the cute swing pic! crazy!