Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring Break Day 3: Held up by illness

Today was supposed to be a date day for Tom and I. We dropped Ellie off at school this morning and then went to breakfast at La Madeleine. After breakfast, we had an appointment that took waaay longer than planned. Afterwards, we were going to go to a matinee, but chose instead to go home for a nap. Our nap was cut short, however, by a call from Ellie's school. It seems she had a fever of 103.4 and had thrown up. Now she is snuggled up on my bed, happy as can be, but I can't help worrying. Also, I had all these plans about us going to the Rodeo tomorrow. Ellie had a blast last year and I have been really looking forward to taking her again this year. One of my students even gave us free admission tickets and a fun pass for the carnival. Dare I dose her with Tylenol and take her anyway? Her doctor appointment is scheduled for 8:30am Friday morning.

Update: Rodeo trip cancelled and doctor's appointment moved to this afternoon.

1 comment:

Sabs said...

oh no! so sorry your plans were cancelled! hope she gets better!