Tuesday, October 06, 2009

The perks of maternity leave

I am loving being on maternity leave! It is awesome when you don't actually have a pesky newborn to take up all the time! This morning? I made eggs, bacon, and hash browns for breakfast. Yeah, that's right...I am also letting myself eat whatever my little heart desires. It is this experiment I am doing, see? I have not gained a single pound in the past month and yet I have been eating whatever I want without any guilt. It's like a miracle. Although my stomach does keep growing. I am just trying to enjoy it now since I know in like 9 days I am going to have to start eating verrrrry sensible and boring.


Another good thing about maternity leave besides the food? Having the time to do the little things like clean out my cupboards. That's how I spent a good part of yesterday. It started with me sterilizing a few bottles, but then I realized I had no place to put them so I started cleaning out a cupboard. Well, before I knew it, one cupboard let to another until I accidentally dropped the lid to the rice steamer and it shattered all over the floor. And that's when I moved on to sweeping and mopping the kitchen.


But the very best part of maternity leave is being able to spend one last week alone with Ellie. I bought her a bunch of presents to give to her at random moments after Jack is born. But I have a hard time waiting to give them to her! I already gave her the Disney princess tea set (which she loves) and the other night right after her bath I felt this need to give her a dress up set. Not good timing since we were planning on putting her to bed, but I just love to give her things. She gets so excited...thank you Mommy, thank you! I know there is more to life than just presents and material things, but they sure are helpful in keeping her occupied when I am trying to do stuff like clean up glass off the kitchen floor.

No comments: