Despite the early hour, it was so fun for Ellie to open her Christmas presents alongside her cousins. She loved her "house with the purple roof" and her digital camera (more on that later). Jack seemed somewhat interested in his gifts,too.
After a leisurely morning opening gifts and eating cinnamon rolls, turkey bacon, and scrambled eggs, we headed over to my mother in law's for more gifts and eating. When I say more gifts, I'm not kidding. I only bought Ellie three gifts. My MIL bought Ellie like thirty gifts. Seriously. We left the house with two black garbage bags stuffed full. It got to the point where Ellie was not even looking at the present she opened, just tossing it aside and asking for another one. I was a little embarrassed by her ungratefulness because she is usually so excited by a gift and always wants to know who gave it to her and then gives an enthusiastic thank you. I think the sheer number of gifts just went to her head. We decided that next year, we are putting a limit on the number of gifts Ellie is given. She had so much fun playing with all her presents once we got home, but I just don't want Ellie to get to caught up in the materialistic aspect of Christmas and forget what it is all about. Of course, Tom and I were more then happy to accept the Wii my MIL bought us (hey, we already know the meaning of Christmas)!
Anyway, we had a great afternoon hanging with family and enjoying a yummy meal of ham and brisket. I wish I had more pictures, but I put Tom in charge of the camera while my hands were full of Jack and he failed me miserably! I have like 3 pictures! Men.

After a leisurely morning opening gifts and eating cinnamon rolls, turkey bacon, and scrambled eggs, we headed over to my mother in law's for more gifts and eating. When I say more gifts, I'm not kidding. I only bought Ellie three gifts. My MIL bought Ellie like thirty gifts. Seriously. We left the house with two black garbage bags stuffed full. It got to the point where Ellie was not even looking at the present she opened, just tossing it aside and asking for another one. I was a little embarrassed by her ungratefulness because she is usually so excited by a gift and always wants to know who gave it to her and then gives an enthusiastic thank you. I think the sheer number of gifts just went to her head. We decided that next year, we are putting a limit on the number of gifts Ellie is given. She had so much fun playing with all her presents once we got home, but I just don't want Ellie to get to caught up in the materialistic aspect of Christmas and forget what it is all about. Of course, Tom and I were more then happy to accept the Wii my MIL bought us (hey, we already know the meaning of Christmas)!
Anyway, we had a great afternoon hanging with family and enjoying a yummy meal of ham and brisket. I wish I had more pictures, but I put Tom in charge of the camera while my hands were full of Jack and he failed me miserably! I have like 3 pictures! Men.
1 comment:
I love that 7:45 was SOOO early. If I remember correctly you would wake me up at like 6:00- now that is early :).
Post a Comment