Thursday, December 24, 2009

Oh so busy

It is 3am and I am awake with a tummyache. The fact that Jack is asleep and therefore I actually could be sleeping, but am not, is such a travesty. I don't mind lack of sleep due to Jack's hungry tummy, but when it is caused by my own issues, well, that just sucks. But, hey, I can finally update the ol blog!

My sister and her family drove down (across?) from North Carolina and arrived last Saturday. Just in time to take the kids to see Santa. There is this guy in Sabrina's neighborhood who goes all out on his lights (I'm talking crazy, Clark Griswald all out) and on Fridays and Saturdays has a Santa Claus in his yard listening to kids and handing out candy canes. Ellie was beyond excited about it, but also disappointed that he didn't have ponies for her to ride.


The following day, we dressed all the kids in their Christmas "Sunday Best" for church. They all looked so adorable. Especially Jack and Levi who were wearing the same sweater vest. Totally unplanned.

So far, we have been super busy this week. Monday, we went to the library. Tuesday we went to the outlet malls, and today (yesterday) Rosie, Dianna, and I took our girls to go see The Princess and the Frog. Tom stayed home with Jack. Ellie was riveted by the movie, but whenever asked about it afterwards, she would just say, "It was kinda scary." And it was. Then, the whole fam got together at the baseball fields to let the kids run and wear themselves out. After they all spent enough time to coat themselves in the only mud puddle in the entire ball field we headed back to Rosie's house for pizza and games. I just need to note for my journaling purposes that I won at the train game. No, I totally killed. I modestly said it was the luck of the cards, but really I am just skilled.


I am really looking forward to Christmas eve tomorrow (tonight?) where we all get together to act out the Nativity play, listen to my Dad tell his "Pack for Santa's Back" story, and eat Jesus's birthday cake. I love traditions. Merry Christmas!

No comments: