Friday, February 12, 2010

Dear Jack - 4 months

Dear Jack,

Today you are four months old, but you look like you are 6 months or maybe even 9. Your clothes are all 6-9 months. And you have the strength of a 6-9 month old. When I place you in your car seat or your bath tub. you do these crunches so your head and shoulder are lifted completely up. Your core strength is very impressive. I like to refer to you as the "strong, silent type" because you don't talk much, or even cry for that matter, but boy are you strong!

You grow more and more interested in your toys and are getting more adept at grasping them with your hands. You would like to bring them all to your mouth, but that has proven more difficult. As much as you like your toys, you prefer to watch you sister play with hers. When I get home from work, I will often place you on the floor next to your sister and you are so entertained by watching her play.
You are my silent observer. You watch intently all that is going on, only occasionally smiling or chuckling at the antics of others. The other day when you were in the bath, your sister sent a few ducks floating by your tub. Wow, you thought that was funny. It was even funnier when you sister started quacking. I love your little chuckles and wish you would share them more often. Not that you are sad or cranky, you are just calm and mellow.
Once, when I was feeding you, I surprised you by pretending to chomp on your little fist. You liked that so much that now you intentionally put your hand in my mouth every chance you get.

You haven't quite got your roll on, but you do roll from side to side and somehow manage to maneuver in circles. When I sat down to type this, I placed you on your blanket with a few toys. While my back was turned, you somehow managed to wiggle your way across the room to underneath my chair.

As for sleeping, this past week you slept very well, just waking up once or twice a night and always going right back to sleep after I nursed you. For a while there, you were making us do the paci-dance at night, but I am hoping those days are behind us.

I have officially moved you out of our room and into the crib. Partly because you outgrew the little bassinet. I can't wait to find out your official measurements when I take you to the doctor next week. I think you are going to off the scales in both height and weight. You are still proportionate, but you have the most adorable, chubby cheeks. Everyone who sees them wants to touch them or kiss them. Nom, nom.
Little Man, you are awesome. You have made the second time around so enjoyable that it makes me consider having more babies if only they could be just like you! Happy 4 months, Jack.

Love,
Mama

2 comments:

Sabs said...

oh man we sure love ya baby jack! such cute photos too! love the story about ellie and rosa parks..serioulsy what a smartie!

Unknown said...

Really sweet letter!