Ellie loves stuffed animals. She plays with them much more than she plays with her dolls. Two of her current favorites are an orange horse (that she calls "Moose") and a gray Dr. Seuss whale. Yesterday, I was in my room nursing Jack and she walks in carrying a dripping Moose. "Mommy, I dropped Moose in the toilet." Knowing about her inability to flush after herself, I asked her, "Was there poo-poo and peepee in the toilet?" "Yes." Shudder. I was still trapped in my chair, so I ordered her to go put Moose in the laundry room and then wash her hands with soap and water.
Later that night, as we were putting her to bed, Ellie asked for Moose. I told her I hadn't washed him yet and Tom asked her why she was holding him over the toilet. "Because he had to go potty." "Well," Tom said, "That's what happens when you hold things over the toilet." Her quick reply? "But whale didn't fall in the toilet when he went potty!"
Later that night, as we were putting her to bed, Ellie asked for Moose. I told her I hadn't washed him yet and Tom asked her why she was holding him over the toilet. "Because he had to go potty." "Well," Tom said, "That's what happens when you hold things over the toilet." Her quick reply? "But whale didn't fall in the toilet when he went potty!"
Ellie can write her numbers, 1 thru 10, without anything to reference! For example, I can just say 3 and she will write it! She has been able to recognize and say her letters and numbers for a long time, but writing has always been difficult for her because she holds the pen all funny. She also can count to 29. The other day, she counted to 29 and then followed it with 100! And then she turned to me and asked, "What comes after 100?"
4 comments:
what a cutie! and so smart too..just like her mama!
It's so fun to watch them grow up before our very eyes! She is darling!
She cracks me up. Maybe my daugther can draw people better then Ellie but she sure knows her #'s, letters, etc... better then Kinleigh. She is one super smart girl and so freakin hilarious. BTW, where did you get that adorable dress????
she's so funny! and smart! love the pic of her and jack
Post a Comment