Friday, July 23, 2010

Giant Jack's 9 month stats

I took Jack to the doctor yesterday for his 9 month check-up. I almost didn't schedule the appointment because he wasn't due for any shots and I knew once he returned to daycare next month that I would be taking him to the doctor all the freaking time. However, I couldn't resist getting his measurements.

Weight: 24lbs., 1 oz.
Height: 30 in.
FOC: 47.2 cm.

He is in the 90-97% for all three...perfectly proportionate! The doctor said he is the size of the average 15 month old. She went on to clarify that means he is bigger than 50% of 15 month olds! I asked if I was feeding him too much and she said no, he is just a big boy and his height matches his weight.

It is a good thing he is so sturdy because Ellie has taken to dragging him around the house and wrestling with him. For some reason, he seems to like it.

Ellie told me this morning that she and Jack are going to get married. I told her she couldn't marry her mother and replied with teenage condescension, "I know, mom. Not right now. When we get older." Hopefully, by the time she gets older, she will have outgrown that little notion.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Holy cow! He's almost as heavy as Tate (2+ years)! Good little eater.