
Yesterday, Tom and I took the day off from work so we could celebrate our 9th anniversary. Tom still had to wake up early for practice (heaven forbid his team should miss a workout) and I took the kids to daycare. Afterward, we met up at IHOP for breakfast. One of my former students waited on us. Even on my day off, I can’t escape my students. Then we went home and took a nap before hitting the matinee. After the movie, we went out for fajitas and then picked up the kids. The night before, I had explained to Ellie about our anniversary. She really wanted to celebrate our “married time” with us so after picking them up, we went for ice cream. It was the perfect way to end our day of celebration.
I’m not going to lie to you; the past nine years haven’t all been sunshine and roses. But even when Tom and I are duking it out in the trenches, I always know in the back of my mind that we will be okay. I sure do love that husband of mine and I always will.
3 comments:
Congrats on 9 years!
Congratulations!!! :) A day off....I think that's a perfect way to spend your anniversary! :)
Happy anniversary!
Post a Comment