
I have been enjoying some good food lately. Tuesday night, I went to the Melting Pot with my mom and sisters. Anything dipped in cheese and chocolate tastes delicious, right?

Then, yesterday, I told my classes they could bring in food for an end-of-year party. In the past, this usually meant chips, sodas, and packaged desserts from WalMart. However, this year I am teaching solely ESL students and the dishes were much different. I am not sure of the names, but I enjoyed these amazing biscuit things from Columbia, a Puerto Rican rice dish, and lots of different Mexican dishes. My students were bringing in big, disposable metal pans full of food. One girl told me to take the rest of her food home. It was rice with the chicken and gravy you pour over it. Tom will NOT eat leftovers and he definitely wouldn't eat anything a student made. So, I just pretended like I cooked it and served it for dinner last night. He commented on how good dinner was and I was all, "thank you." I just hope he doesn't ask me to make it again.
6 comments:
holly you crack me up! wish i could've enjoyed some good cheese and chocolate with ya too:)
Haha! Holly you are hilarious!
that is too funny!
That is HILARIOUS!!! Love it!!! :)
I've been doing a lot with our Reading/ESL teacher this year. We should get together and discuss! We had some really cool projects that the kids loved.
Umm...that "me" was ME!
Post a Comment