I think this would be such a cute Mother's Day photo if only Jack wasn't wearing his pajamas and ELLIE'S SHOES! Sigh.I left Jack at home with Tom today because I had to give a talk in church. What a disaster that was. I was scheduled to speak right after the children did their special musical number. Since Ellie was already up on the stage to sing, she didn't want to go sit back in the audience if I was going to be on the stage. Not wanting to get into a power struggle in front of the entire congregation, I just told her to sit down behind me and stay there. Yeah, that lasted two seconds and then she was hanging on me. I am trying to stay focused on my talk, but Ellie is all over the place. At one point, she climbed up on the stool next to me and was waving to people in the audience. Thankfully, one of her Primary teachers was sitting on the front row and somehow got Ellie to come sit with her family.
Other than having to speak in church, my Mother's Day was awesome! Tom cleaned the house while I was gone. He even mopped and vacuumed all the rooms! Plus, he kept the kids quiet so I could take a two hour nap! I feel so well-rested and content in my clean, little house.
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!
2 comments:
i think the fact that jack has jammies and ellie's shoes makes it an even more perfect picture:)
You did awesome on your talk and I'm sorry i didn't think about it soon enough to grab ellie along with my kiddos to sit back down. oops:) i didn't even notice she was up there til you were well into your talk:)
Hey, is that dress from Kohl's? I bought the green version.
Post a Comment