Jack can't get enough of Naomi. As Ellie likes to say, "That is so ADORABLE!"
I also got an action shot of Ellie hitting the piñata with a frying pan. She didn't crack it open...that piñata was made of steel!
On Saturday, Ellie attended a very different birthday party...one that I had complete forgotten about. About two weeks ago, the neighborhood kids came by with an invitation for the boy next door's 6th birthday party. He is the one Ellie plays with the most. The invitation was actually a Spider Man thank you card. The outside said "Thank You" and the inside said "Thanks for making my party a swinging good time." Handwritten was the day April 30, 3pm, and the address. I completely forgot all about it because I didn't plan on attending. However, the morning of the party, little Ariel (that's HIS name) was knocking at our door demanding to know if Ellie was coming. I made a quick trip to Walgreens for a gift and took Ellie over at about 3:30. Even though she was almost 30 minutes late, there was hardly anyone there. Over the next couple of hours, the party grew bigger and louder. I felt a little awkward staying because all of the adults spoke strictly Spanish and seemed to know each other really well (Ellie was the only non-Hispanic in attendance). I kept expecting the party to end, but each time I would go to retrieve Ellie from their backyard, she would insist on staying til the piñata and cake. They didn't do that piñata until 6:30. I made her come home because the party was turning into a bit of a boozefest. That party lasted until after midnight! Crazy party for a 6 year old, right? But Ellie had a blast at both parties.Oh, one more random thing...we had a showing on our house Sunday. I was in a rush to get out and I guess I forgot to turn off Jack's sound machine that plays music. Here is the feedback we got:
Nice home. But all of the closed doors made my client think someone might be home in the master and master bath. I would recommend leaving all bedroom and bathroom doors open and turn off the nursery music. It is creepy in an empty house.
3 comments:
That picture of Jack and Namoi IS adorable!!
At least Ellie had fun at both parties despite the difference in entertaining styles.
And I am totally LOL regarding the home showing. Only because I know how weird and picky people are when they go preview homes. (oh the stories I could share!)
oh my i love the one of jack and naomi! i didnt get a single pic of jackjack! i love those 2 together:)
haha creepy music...geez people!
perhaps next time I'll serve booze at my party too:)
Your first Spanish party?! I have a neighbor from Mexico. I used to get invited all the time. They finally became too much for me. We lame Americans just can't hang. I was exhausted after having to kiss everyone in the room and then by the time I'd done that, I started preparing to leave because I knew I'd have to take a hour kissing them all goodbye.
Post a Comment