Dear Jack,
Today marks two years since you joined our family. Although the thought of you growing up saddens me, I was still very excited to celebrate your birthday with you. I spent several weeks planning a Sesame Street themed birthday party because you love the characters so much (especially Ernie and Elmo, with Cookie Monster coming in a distant third). We celebrated your birthday a couple of days ago and ever since then you have been talking about your birthday. I am not really sure what you are saying about it as the only word I can consistently make out is “birthday.” This morning, Ellie, your dad, and I went into your room together to wake you up. We sang Happy Birthday to you while you bounced around your crib in excitement. I kept telling you “happy birthday” and you kept replying “happy birthday” right back.
You have evolved from one word commands to 3-4 word sentences. You love to sing and will serenade us every morning on the way to school. You can throw a tantrum that makes everyone stop and stare in awe at the force of your emotion. You are willful and impatient, but you are also incredibly loving and sweet.
You are such a boy. You prefer outside to inside, running to walking, jumping to standing. You like to throw balls and push cars. Your favorite thing right now is Jeeps. You are an expert at spotting Jeeps on the road, shouting out “Jeep! Beep, beep!” You still have a bit of a shoe obsession and you will clomp around in anything from your dad’s running shoes to your sister’s dress-up shoes (ok, so maybe you aren’t ALL boy).
Jack, it seems so strange to me that just two years ago I hadn’t even met you yet. It feels as though I have known you and loved you forever. Happy birthday, my sweet boy.
Today marks two years since you joined our family. Although the thought of you growing up saddens me, I was still very excited to celebrate your birthday with you. I spent several weeks planning a Sesame Street themed birthday party because you love the characters so much (especially Ernie and Elmo, with Cookie Monster coming in a distant third). We celebrated your birthday a couple of days ago and ever since then you have been talking about your birthday. I am not really sure what you are saying about it as the only word I can consistently make out is “birthday.” This morning, Ellie, your dad, and I went into your room together to wake you up. We sang Happy Birthday to you while you bounced around your crib in excitement. I kept telling you “happy birthday” and you kept replying “happy birthday” right back.
You have evolved from one word commands to 3-4 word sentences. You love to sing and will serenade us every morning on the way to school. You can throw a tantrum that makes everyone stop and stare in awe at the force of your emotion. You are willful and impatient, but you are also incredibly loving and sweet.
You are such a boy. You prefer outside to inside, running to walking, jumping to standing. You like to throw balls and push cars. Your favorite thing right now is Jeeps. You are an expert at spotting Jeeps on the road, shouting out “Jeep! Beep, beep!” You still have a bit of a shoe obsession and you will clomp around in anything from your dad’s running shoes to your sister’s dress-up shoes (ok, so maybe you aren’t ALL boy).Jack, it seems so strange to me that just two years ago I hadn’t even met you yet. It feels as though I have known you and loved you forever. Happy birthday, my sweet boy.
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment