Last school year was the first time I tried in-home childcare instead of a daycare. We lucked out with Ms. Rebekah. Her son was Jack's age and the two quickly became best friends. She loved on Sam and spoiled him rotten. She was great about texting me pictures and status updates throughout the day. Needless to say, I was really sad to see her move to Louisiana this past summer. She came back for a visit a week ago and Jack was ecstatic to be reunited with his buddy.
I found the kids a new babysitter, Ms. Laura, at the recommendation from Jack's preschool teacher. Ms. Laura is a former teacher and she has been keeping kids in her home for years. Unfortunately, she only has other babies in her home this year, so Jack was terribly lonely until his 3 day a week preschool started in October. Also, Ms. Laura is very strict so she and Jack had some power struggles initially. Jack is always sad on the days he doesn't have preschool and has to spend the entire day at Ms. Laura's. A few weeks ago, Laura informed me that she would no longer be keeping kids after December. Even though I like her personally, I actually felt a little relieved. Starting next week, the kids will be trying out a new babysitter, Ms. Donika. I don't know her as well, either, but I am hoping she will be a better fit. Sometimes I wonder if I should just go back to the Montessori, but I think I will give in-home care one more try. Fingers crossed.

No comments:
Post a Comment