When I picked the boys up from the babysitter, she told me that Sam had not napped and that he had been very fussy all day. He wasn't running a fever and he had slept well the night before so I just kind of shrugged it off as the universe wanting to make this trip to the doctor even more fun. However, when the doctor checked his ears, she discovered he had a double ear infection. Nice. I also talked to her at length (well, as much length as I could with two other children bouncing off the walls) about Sam's lack of speech and his aloofness. We call Sam the Aloof Baby because he will not let you hug, kiss, or cuddle him. He definitely shows preference for Tom and me (mostly Tom), but he does not like to be held close and he never has unless really tired or sick. He also doesn't really say much, but he is the world's most stubborn baby so I think he just wants to do it on his own time. Anyway, the pediatrician made me feel so much better about his aloof manner by saying that is not uncommon and she has several other patients like that. As for his speech, we are getting his hearing checked, but we have to wait a month. Because, you know, double ear infection.
When it was Jack's turn to be checked, he failed his hearing test. He had also failed it at his 4 year exam, but I felt like he didn't really understand about raising his hand and that the nurse's assistant was too quick to just say he failed and we needed to take him to a specialist. However, now that he has failed again, I guess I will just take him when I take Sam. Good times.
Oh, and my chicken Ellie ended up doing the mist instead of the shot so she was freaking out for nothing.
Here are the boys' stats:
Sam
Height - 34 1/2 in. (96%)
Weight - 32 lbs 9 oz (100%)
FOC - 20 in (99%)
Jack
Height - 45 in. (88%)
Weight - 44.6 (76%)
1 comment:
oh man a double chocolate by death kind of day!
Post a Comment