Monday, October 24, 2016

Weekend recap: get your religion on

The weather was gorgeous this weekend! Friday evening, the family all got together at the park to celebrate Mark, Sabrina, and Daniel's birthdays.  We played ultimate frisbee and Bocci ball while the light held out.  Then we had pizza and dessert in the dark.

 Jack had an 8am soccer game and we bundled him up since it was 60 degrees outside.  I had to laugh at my little Texan because when I was growing up in frigid North Dakota, 60 degrees was shorts weather.

As soon as Jack was done with his game, I took him and Sam to church for the baptisms of two young friends.  Tom stayed behind because Ellie had a later soccer game.

  Then, in the afternoon, I took Ellie and Jack back to church to practice for our Primary program.  The 3-12 year old kids were going to be performing in church on Sunday and we wanted to make sure they were all ready.  I was in charge of bribing them all with pizza so they would attend.

 

Sunday was the program.  Tom came to church with us so he could watch and also keep Sam under control.  I had to be up on the stand with the kids since I am in the Primary presidency.  All in all, the program went well.  Kids singing and talking is always cute, right?  But I will say, this was a very church-y weekend for us!

No comments: