Ellie has finally started saying my name more frequently! Of course, she only does it in anger. She used to scream "Daddeeeeee" when she was upset or frustrated, but now it has been replaced with "Mama." Like this morning when I was changing her diaper? "Mama, no, mama, mama, NOOOO!" When Tom walks in the door, he gets "Hi, Daddy" in this very sweet voice. Me? I get the Mama No's. Eh, I'll take what I can get.
I just realized that I referred to my name as "Mama" in the first sentence. The old me just died a little bit more. Soon I will be wearing high waisted jeans and scrunchies. Also, I swore before I had kids that I would never refer to my husband as Daddy. I hated when people did that and thought it a little creepy. Guess what I now call Tom? And even sometimes when Ellie is not even around! So, my fellow mommybloggers, have you fallen down that slippery slope of calling your hot piece of man love "Daddy"? Fess up!
3 comments:
yep, all the time. the one thing that daniel and i swore we would never do is fight over who's turn it was to change the diaper. i have to admit we have done pretty well at keeping our word. let's see if that will keep up with more children. (no i am not pregnant) p.s. can you see my pictures now?
yes, we do that, too, and it is one of my biggest pet peeves ever. my husband's parents refer to each other as 'daddy' and 'mama' and i hate it. i always wondered if my MIL called my FIL 'daddy' when they are at a work dinner. anyway, somehow, someway jeff (daddy) and i started doing this, too!--by the way, i think it's way more acceptable to do this if your kids are babies/toddlers, but once you're in your SIXTIES it should STOP!
Guilty! I've always thought that was weird. But now we do it a lot.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one.
Post a Comment