This past week has been so stressful for me. Not only have Ellie and I been sick, but I have also been really freaking out about school starting on Monday. I cannot even tell you how many times I have questioned my decision to change careers. I know next summer, when I am off for a couple of months, I will be all "teaching is the best, y'all!" But as for now, I am not too sure about spending all day, every day with a bunch of of hormonal teenagers. Please send positive teaching vibes my way.


Oh wait, I have a cute Ellie story. Ok, so whenever I watch TV or sit down to read I always put a blanket across my lap. Well, Ellie has started going into her room, grabbing one of her blankets through the crib slats, bringing it out in the living room and then proceeds to sit in her little pink chair and cover her little legs with the blanket. Tonight, for extra measure, she picked up one of my books and pretended to read. So cute!

I have spent this past week in meetings and trying to develop lesson plans so I didn't have any time to decorate my classroom. Luckily, Sabrina is a decorating genius and we were able to knock it out in two hours. Now if only I could knock out this cold and hacking cough.

Oh wait, I have a cute Ellie story. Ok, so whenever I watch TV or sit down to read I always put a blanket across my lap. Well, Ellie has started going into her room, grabbing one of her blankets through the crib slats, bringing it out in the living room and then proceeds to sit in her little pink chair and cover her little legs with the blanket. Tonight, for extra measure, she picked up one of my books and pretended to read. So cute!
4 comments:
Holly,
Not to worry. I had those same thoughts before I started teaching. But the kids get there and you realize how really stupid (sorry to be harsh, but it's true) they really are and you think...ok, I can do this...they don't know ANYTHING! So, just take some deep breaths, say a prayer and some phrases to build yourself up! YOU WILL DO A GREAT JOB!!!
That is the cutest story of Ellie ever! You will be a great teacher. Once you get the first week over with you'll be an old pro. Ivy told me to tell you that EVERY teacher is terrified when they first start out. All teachers feel like they have no clue what they are doing, even those who have subbed. You'll find your groove quickly and you'll do awesome. Way to go Sabrina- the decorating looks great.
What a cute Ellie story!
I don't envy your teaching assignments. But it definitely gets easier as you go. You'll be great!
good luck tomorrow! It'll be great! You get to have the best job in the whole world:) I want to hear all about it!
Post a Comment