Kolby and Olivia came over to our house last weekend as part of a babysitting swap we did with Dan and Sab. Kolby and Ellie had fun jamming to music in her Jeep (that she still hasn't really figured out how to drive). I tried to video them dancing to the music, but instead I got Ellie accidently driving and then her attempts to receate her newfound driving ability.
Jeep music from texasholly on Vimeo.
Ellie has finally figured out how to ride her little mini Schwinn bike, though. She has the pedal thing down and even manages to steer. Of course, I have yet to remember to capture it on camera. And I try to capture her talking on camera, but she just clams up. So uncooperative, that one.
Speaking of uncooperative, I am running late every morning now because Miss Independent thinks she has to do everything herself. She wants to close the tabs on her diaper, put her clothes on, climb up in her carseat, and do the buckles all by herself. All I hear these days is "My do it!" And she can't do the carseat buckles by herself, but heaven forbid I do it because then she totally freaks out. So, I have to wait forever while she attempts it before she finally lets me help. The other day she told Tom, "Hurry, mommy be late!" Um, I wonder where she picked up that cute phrase? Seriously, I think she is so cute that I can't stop kissing her all over. Now she tells me where to kiss, "Kiss my feet. Kiss my nose. Kiss my elbow." Yeah, it's a fun game.
Tomorrow I am leaving for may massive roadtrip with my brothers. Wish me luck!
4 comments:
The video os precious! I really need to get Ava one of those.
Ava has become Miss Independent too. As much as I love that she's trying to do stuff by herself, it drives me CRAZY when I'm in a hurry!
Good luck!
woooohooooo! love the video clip!!!
She & Jenna are so much alike! She wants to do everything herself also. And I have to sit there patiently while she tries to buckle her carseat. Ho-hum. But it's good that they want to try to do everything themselves! She also says "Wow!" much like Ellie in the video. :)
Post a Comment