Friday, May 30, 2008

Gearing up for summer

So, um, I haven't really been around much this week. It was the last week of school and I was doing very important things like administering final exams, packing up my classroom (getting new carpet and new paint), reading sweet, poorly spelled letters from my students (Mrs. K is the best teacher akcept she gets atitude sometims but she still cool), and fighting off the urge to spend every free moment in bed under the covers. Seriously, I have been feeling so off lately, so tired. But then I went in for routine bloodwork for my thyroid and the doctor was all, whoa, time to up your dose. So, I am hoping it ups my energy, too. Because I am done with school now and for the next couple of months, I will be a stay at home mom. My goal is to not let Ellie watch Sesame Street for more than 30 minutes per day (who am I kidding...an hour).

Before dropping Ellie off for her last day of school, we had to first drop Hank off at the vet. Ellie was very upset that we were leaving Hank behind. I tried to explain to her that we were just taking Hank to the doctor. I was all, "Remember when Elmo went to the doctor? And she checked his ears and his heart and his reflexes? Well, that's what the doctor is going to do for Hank!" You see what has happened to me? I am using Elmo books to explain real life situations.

Really, I only had to go in to work for a few hours this morning and I could have picked up Ellie, but I was all, I have the whole summer with that kid. So, instead, Tom and I are going to an afternoon matinee. Whee!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun! An afternoon off with the hubby! Take advantage of it.

Since you have the summer off, can I send Landon to you? LOL.

Chastity said...

"she gets attitude sometims"

That sounds like something my students would have said about me, lol.

Anonymous said...

Hope you had fun at the movies, and bet you have a great summer with Ellie

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I am doing great if I limit Jenna to 1 hour of Dora a day. That girl is OBSESSED, but I try to keep it to one episode in the morning and one in the evening. It's a lot easier if I stay away from home. :)