I was giving Ellie a bath the other night and half listening to her identify her foam letters and and numbers when she held up the letter L. "L!" she said. Then, she turned it upside down, "7!" I was so proud of her for figuring out that an L turned upside down is a 7. It's like how proud I was the first time she ate solid food or sat up. I love that Ellie still amazes me.
What doesn't amaze me is her new deal of chewing up food and spitting it out on the table. Carrots, for example. She always begs for more baby carrots, but all she does is chew them up and spit them out. And then she asks for more.
Ellie has started sleeping on the floor again. After the huge hassle of putting her bed together, I really hate to see her not using it. But, no, she wants to sleep on her "grass," meaning the shaggy lime green rug we put in her room.
I love how when Ellie asks for something and I repeat it back to her, she says OK like it was all my idea. For example, she just came into the room asking for a banana.
"I wanna nana, I wanna nana."
"You want a banana?"
"OK"
And then when I give it to her she says, "Thank you. Bye Bye."
Tom showed Ellie this YouTube video yesterday. She went berserk, dancing like a little maniac. He must have played it for her over 20 times. She shakes her little bum, puts a leg out, waved her arms around...too funny. So, if you have a little toddler who likes Elmo, plays this clip for them. I guarantee you will see some booty shaking!
4 comments:
Hmm..we haven't experienced the chewing up food and spitting it out, unless of course it's something she's not wild about, like the radish she tried last week.
We STILL haven't moved Lila out of her crib. I'm so scared!
Kason, sitting in my lap, spotted the Elmo right away..so we watched it. He laughed, and now Makaya's asking me when is Elmo coming (he's supposed to be coming to town) Makaya and Kason do that with the carrots...not so much anymore...but Makaya did it all the time back in the day...now it's one of her favorite foods! Also, with Ellie figuring that out (about the 7 and L)--Way to go!! That's awesome!!!
Have you been spying on my house and blogging about it? Wow. My daughter always chews her food and spits out.
Oh and the idea coming from you thing... totally all my convo's with my son. :)
kolby does that with carrots too, must be from the lawton side:)
Post a Comment