Flash forward to last August when I found out I was pregnant again. This time I was going to do it right. Well, right for an un-crafty person like myself. I took a black magic marker and scrawled “Big Sister” on one of Ellie’s tank tops. Then I tried to capture it on camera. Tom walked in while I was trying to get Ellie to face forward and show me her shirt. He joined in on the coaxing. “Ellie, show mommy your shirt. Look at Mommy!” I waited for him to actually read the shirt and catch on, but he just continued trying to help me. Finally, in exasperation, I said, “Read her shirt.”
“Big Sister?”
“Yep.”
“Big Sister? I don’t get it. What does that mean?”
“What do you think it means?”
“I don’t know. Are you pregnant?”
Good thing he’s cute.
Unfortunately, that pregnancy was not meant to be so the pictures were never able to be used until now.Flash forward again to Friday the 13th, the day before Valentine’s Day. Tom is going to be at a track meet all day Saturday so he brings me home roses. I give him my card which gets set on the counter and never opened. I want him to open that dang card because I have written something pretty special in there, but I don’t want to ruin the surprise by telling him to open it. Probably best that he didn’t because my hormones were flying that night and we got in an argument. Saturday night, he came home and was so exhausted that he promptly fell asleep on the couch. I couldn’t take it anymore. “Read your card!” He dragged himself off the couch to open the card. At the very bottom of the card, in small print, I wrote, “P.S. I’m pregnant!” Tom managed the energy to give me a hug and a kiss before collapsing back on the couch in exhaustion. Like I said, good thing he’s cute.
14 comments:
Fantastic!! Congratulations! I'm sure Tom was excited in his own way! ;)
hooray! Now everyone can know:) daniel always knew i was prego before i did so i never had a clever way of telling him....unless you count balling uncontrollably....hmm you're much cuter:)
Oh Holly, I am so happy for you all. Congratulations! Keep us posted on how things go (or I should say grow)!
Holy cow! CONGRATS!!! I tried to be all cute when I told Kallen, but he wasn't getting it either and I had to blurt it out- so Tom's in good company. I'm so excited for you!!
Congratulations! You and Tom do make the cutest babies...
Yay!! Congratulations!!! Men can be funny like that! I've tried to surprise Alan many a times, and he's always some how managed to foil them....so I can sympathize!
Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys!
Ellie is going to be a GREAT big sister. She is going to love having a baby to play with (boss around.)
So exciting!
Congratulations! I will be honest, I am totally overwhelmed with jealousy right now... but still so, so happy for you! I can't wait to read all about it!
Hooray!!! I'm sooo EXCITED for you guys, jealous, but excited!!! Can't wait to buy you the wrong baby gift again :0) Gotta love the absent minded friend!
Congratulations! I guess you are going to have to change the blog's name!!!
Congratulations , im so happy for you all. Ellie will make such a wonderful big sister.
Congratulations, Holly!! This is such exciting news!!
Congrats!
Oh yay! I haven't been reading blogs lately... but am finally getting pasted the horrendous 1st trimester and am feeling better. What great news! Congrats :)
Post a Comment