Thursday, March 26, 2009

In the closet

Ellie is a big tease. Seriously. Even when she was tiny, she always liked for us to tease her. We would do things like hand her a toy and then snatch it away again. You know, stuff that would make the normal toddler cry. This was hilarious to her. And she has always like to tease us, too. So, last night I was in my closet looking for something to wear to work (can't fit into my pants, but maternity pants are too big...don't get me started). Anyway, Ellie was on my bed watching TV and the next thing I know, she is shutting the closet door on me. Then, I hear her getting her little stool by the sink and pushing it in front of the closet door. She climbs up on the stool and turns out the light! My almost 3 year old has just locked me in the closet...in the dark! She is giggling maniacally, I am talking her evil laugh. I laugh and ask her to open the door. She just laughs harder. I can't push it open because I don't want to knock her off the stool onto the hard tile floor. So I start yelling for Tom to come rescue me. Ellie takes off, still giggling like crazy, and hides under my covers. Later, when Tom is putting her to bed, he asks her if she locked Mommy in the closet. She just laughs and laughs. The kid cracks me up.

5 comments:

Marni's Organized Mess said...

My daughter does this too. She can now reach the dead bolts and will lock us out. The other day it was while I was on an important call and ran out to the garage to get something from my call. Luckily our garage won't latch, so I came right through, but she was laughing hysterically.

Hall Family said...

that is hilarious!! I'm sorry you had to be the one on the receiving end! It makes me wonder what your new lil' one will be like!!!

Sabs said...

ha ha now that's my kind of humor:)

Laura McIntyre said...

I love how she finds it so funny , kids really are just wonderful.

Dianna said...

That is so funny!