Thursday, October 01, 2009
To medicate or not to medicate
I went ahead and filled the prescription for Tamiflu that my OB gave me, but still hesitated to take it even though it was pretty dang expensive! After doing a lot of research (and I use the term research loosely here, ahem Google) I have decided to hold off on taking it. I just can't justify taking it when I have NO symptoms of the flu! I think I will hold onto it and take it at the first sign or give it to Tom if he shows any symptoms. Part of my reasoning is that I am pretty sure Ellie had the regular flu and not H1N1. Both Tom and I got our flu shots at school last Wednesday, but Ellie had not gotten a shot. So, I feel like we have a little protection against it. Of course, I find out today that a teacher at my school whose baby is at Ellie's daycare is now at home with her baby because he tested positive for swine flu. I am really nervous about putting baby Jack in daycare in January when it is still flu season. I guess we will just cross that bridge when we come to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I would be nervous too. I'm so sorry about your friend's baby! But regarding Tamiflu - I've heard that it really only shortens the symptoms by 1 lousy day. Caution is good!
Post a Comment