I took Jack in to the doctor yesterday for his 2 month check up and vaccinations. Before going, I tried to prepare Ellie for what was going to occur. Jack is going to get some shots today, baby. He will cry, but it will be fine and the shots have important medicine in them.
Jack was the happiest baby for the whole two hours we were there (until the shots). The doctor commented on what an easy going baby he is. I was all, well, he was pretty fussy last week. She dismissed it as a probable growth spurt. Then, when asking milestone questions, she asked about smiling spontaneously and responsively. I told her he makes you work hard for smiles and doesn't coo much. While telling her this, Jack is on my lap smiling and cooing the whole time. Yeah, just like Ellie, always making me out to be a liar.
His 2 month (9 weeks) stats are as follows:
Weight - 15 lbs even
Height - 23 3/4 oz.
FOC - 41.5.
He was in the 75-100 percentile for everything. That's my big boy! Gained over 5 pounds and grew over 2 inches! He is in 3-6 month clothing and wearing size 2 diapers (totally kicking myself for buying the huge box of 1-2 Huggies).
After the doctor left, we waited over 30 minutes for the nurse to show up with the vaccinations. I used that time to snap some pics with my phone. Couldn't quite get smiles.


Then it was time for the dreaded shots. There were 5 of them and Ellie freaked out. She kept telling the nurse over and over, "Babies don't like sharp, pointy things!" When we got home, she ran up to Tom and told him, "They hurt Jack at the doctor's office!" I think it was more traumatic for her than for Jack.
So, I can't seem to get a real smile on camera, but here is a hint of one:



5 comments:
oh adorable! you got a grin! such a great big sister ellie is:0 love the "snow" in the header too.
what a good big sister! no one will mess with baby jack!
Holly he looks so much like Tommy in the smiling and cooing pictures!! Wow I cant believe he is growing so much...he is going to pass up Brannon before we know it :-)
15 pounds!? Go little Jack!! He is so adorable. Glad Ellie has his back :)
So cute! Jack's lucky to have such a great big sis. Jenna is in a stubborn no smile phase. It's hard to get pictures of them together because she is refusing to smile. Ahhh, good times...
Post a Comment