Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy Birthday, Bana!

Last night we went to my mother-in-law's house to celebrate her birthday. The funniest part of the night was trying to get all three grandkids to pose for a picture with Nan (or Bana, as Ellie calls her). I think the pictures say it all.


5 comments:

Sabs said...

wow look at all your christmas's! glad you posted the dollar store story. its too funny to keep to yourself:)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh that is hilarious!! Especially that last pic of Jack, what a cute little dude! xo, GFF

Sheryl said...

Well, I had something similar, even if not quite that bad. I was shopping at Hobby Lobby for school stuff when I was at Kingwood. I had to use a tax exempt form, so I got in the special customer service line since I knew it would probably take a little longer and require some specialized knowledge. This was the much longer line, but I got in it anyway. So when I get to the front, it's not just a matter of making the sale tax exempt. No, you have to create an account to get a Hobby Lobby educator card and then they have to go off and make a photocopy of the tax exempt form. People started grumbling and muttering, "I'll just give you the two dollars." If I had realized how much trouble it would be, I probably wouldn't have worried about it, but (a) I didn't until the process started, and (b) I got in the long line precisely because I knew it would be a longer transaction.

But if I were you, I probably would have just used my debit card. :)

Sheryl said...

Umm, my comment was supposed to go with the $1 store post

Hall Family said...

haha I love Jack looking very concerned! Funny! Her cake looks yummy!!! :)