Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Sunday Best: Beaumont edition

I didn't get a chance to post my Sunday best pictures because I was at my parents' house in Beaumont. I also only had my old camera on which I completely blame the blurry quality of the photos.

As always, it was so nice to get away to my parents' house. It was kind of a spur of the moment trip...I just felt the need to escape so off we went. I helped my mom make some of her Christmas presents, we tried out an amazing new fudge recipe, and went shopping. Ellie was in heaven, as always, playing in the large play room and getting tons of attention from her grandparents.

I slept with Jack in the bed with me and he slept so much better. I, on the other hand, slept so much worse. I don't know how people do the co-sleeping thing. I was so terrified of rolling over him or pulling covers on him that I slept frozen. Except once when I slipped into a deeper sleep, realized it, and jerked awake and smacked Jack in the face in the process. Nice.
By the way, Jack has started smiling! Not the drifting off to sleep smile or gas smile that he has been doing for ages, but an honest-to-goodness response smile. I have been too busy making a fool of myself to get more smiles that I haven't been able to capture it on camera.

6 comments:

Sabs said...

these pics are so darling! ellie's hair looks darker. has it really been that long since i've seen you? ok ok back to work i just needed to peek:)

Dianna said...

I like this sunday best addition. Love both the kiddos outfits ;).

Unknown said...

I love that chub!

Hall Family said...

These pictures can be your classic pictures (rather than blame it on your camera ;) ). The kids look so cute!!! :)

Heather at Kitchen Concoctions said...

I am so glad I got to see you before you went out of town!

Oh and I think in the second ic Ellie looks SOOOO grown up! I can't believe it!

Nellie said...

aren't those smiles just the best thing ever!?!