I really enjoyed my quick trip to New Orleans with Tom. I'll be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of the city. To me, it is more of a party town and y'all know I am not much of a partier. I believe I even texted my sister something along the lines of "New Orleans isn't my favorite city, but Tom is my favorite husband so it all works out."
We left Wednesday morning as soon as my mom showed up. I am sure my mom thought we were just plain ridiculous with all the instructions I gave her (both written and verbal). She was all, I did raise 7 kids, you included. Ellie, who sometimes has separation issues, was all but shoving me out the door. She knew my mom would play with her nonstop and Ellie was anxious to get that going.
I like going on road trips with Tom because he never lets me drive. Even on trips across the whole entire U.S., like to New Jersey, he will not let me drive. I pretend to be a little hurt by it, but quite frankly, I hate driving. And Tom loves driving. We make a good team.
We didn't do a whole lot in NOLA since it was such a short trip. We pretty much just ate a lot of food. Oh, I highly recommend Mike's on the Avenue. We also rode around on the St. Charles streetcar and took a self-guided walking tour of the Garden District. I stood in front of Ann Rice's house for a bit, but never took a picture. In fact, I only took two pictures the whole time I was there. I guess when my kids aren't in them, I feel like there is no point.

The first night we walked down to Bourbon Street. I was dumb and wore my strappy sandals. I was basically whimpering in pain by the end of the night. Not even a beignet from Cafe du Monde could console me.
See? Grimacing in pain behind fake smile before even out the door. So, the next night I wore my flats that Tom declared to be completely unsexy. Back to Bourbon Street...I don't know if my memory is just foggy or if I am just more prude, but I do not remember all those strip clubs every few feet. Or all the girls in the thongs and skimpy bras humping the doorways. I do remember the smell, though. Bleh.
See? Grimacing in pain behind fake smile before even out the door. So, the next night I wore my flats that Tom declared to be completely unsexy. Back to Bourbon Street...I don't know if my memory is just foggy or if I am just more prude, but I do not remember all those strip clubs every few feet. Or all the girls in the thongs and skimpy bras humping the doorways. I do remember the smell, though. Bleh.All in all, it was nice to get away with my cute hubby, but it was also really nice to return home to my babes.
1 comment:
foggy memory...they've ALWAYS been there! We just didn't have such sensitive eyes :)
Post a Comment