Want to know what I am crazy excited about? A little trip to New Orleans that Tom and I have planned for this week. Just the two of us. It will be our first time to leave Jack over night and only the fourth time to leave Ellie. Of course, it is only for two nights and my mom is coming to stay with the kids, but still...escape!
Want to know what I am not crazy excited about? Leaving my cell phone behind. My mom left her cell in San Antonio last weekend and then my brother forgot to ship it to her. So...I have to leave my phone at home since we don't have a land line and I would not have any other way to contact my mom to check on the kids every hour. Ack! No phone! How will I entertain myself during the 6 hour drive to New Orleans? How will I text/read blogs/facebook/check email/obsessively map out trip? Sure, Tom will have his phone, but he is really weird about me touching it. Which begs the question...how did we survive without smartphones?
I guess I will just have to talk to Tom the whole time. Or read a book.
4 comments:
Read, read, read, read, read! How often do you have six uninterrupted hours to do that? (Of course, the uninterrupted part only happens if Tom cooperates. heehee!)
Have fun! We are leaving for New Orleans on Sunday. Just recently heard recommendations for K Pauls restaurant in case you are looking. We are going to try that and I'm doing a voodoo tour.
And yes, I do think we took you to the Hall...completely forgot about that.
Have fun on your trip!!
You've hit a very true truth of today....but it is sure funny to read/think about! ENJOY your trip!!!
Post a Comment